Friday, October 11, 2013

MTC Preparation-Day 10/10

Here's a description of my week:

When I got to the MTC I felt so rushed.  My host took me to my room quickly then took me to get my books then I was in class for 3 hours.  I didn't have time to think about how I wouldn't see my family for 18 months.  Probably a good thing, but like it said... I felt very rushed.  We got right to work.  Had a session thing with an investigator where there were a whole bunch of missionaries teaching the investigator.  It made me feel more comfortable because I didn't feel like I had to speak up unless I wanted to.

Thursday seems like forever ago!!  But then again, I don't feel like I have been here for over a week.  It is the weirdest feeling.  On Thursday was when I was starting to miss family and everyone.  But I didn't let it get to me.  "Just kept swimming swimming swimming..." =)  I was already loving my companion and all the people in my district.

On Friday there was 6 hours of class time.  It's amazing how 6 ours of class at the MTC feels like 1 hour of seminary.  It doesn't ever feel that long.  So much spiritual insight and knowledge! I was feeling a little unsure of myself, but when we taught our fake investigator (our teacher acting as someone he taught on his mission) the things I wanted to say just came out smoothly and it was awesome. Gave me some more confidence.

Saturday and Sunday conference was so awesome!!! I have never gotten so much out of conference.  I felt like every talk was for me!  And every time there was a prayer and they prayed for the missionaries around the world I got all choked up and could feel that prayer.  I know all of your prayers are helping me! Because without them I would not be able to do what I'm doing and learn as quickly as I am.  Thank you for helping me, and for the faith you have in me =)  I discovered one of the biggest reasons I want to go on a mission.  Before I came here I didn't really know why, just knew I should and knew it would help me.  I want to go because I want to share the feeling the Holy Ghost gives me with as many people as I can.  It is such an amazing feeling I just want everyone to know what it feels like and know what it is =)  My favorite quote from conference was President Uchtdorf's.... "Doubt you fears before you doubt your faith." Helped me so much!

My companion, Sister Dunkle, is so cool.  She lives in the country too.  So we are a lot alike in ways.  We both love nature, and love the simple things that living in the country gives us!  She is from California.  So she has been pretty cold. Haha... But so have I!! It is so cold because every walkway is covered all the time so if the sun is out it only shines in a couple places. It's always shady.  Plus it has been cloudy, rainy, and really cold.  It's snowing just up the mountain today.

Our district consists of me and my companion. Two other sisters, and four elders. They are the best! We all love each other family.  It's pretty sweet.  I room with sister Anderson, she is from South Carolina and has the best accent ever! So cute!  And Sister Valele who lives close by, but her family is from Tonga.  She is so enthusiastic.  It is the sweetest thing ever.  She is ALWAYS talking about her family.  And gets excited over everything.  She just bought a Tongan Book of Mormon here and is trying to learn.  She is teaching us too.  Ofa lahi atu means 'I love you so much'  we always say it in our district. Lots of fun.

I've seen McKay a couple times. I got to talk to him yesterday.  He is doing good too.  Loving it here!  He says he is learning tons as well.  I saw the Butters a couple times too in the cafeteria. They got here Monday as you probably know, and they are leaving Friday.  Way fast!

After Sunday the days just went by way fast and all blurred together. I have so many crazy awesome experiences with role playing.  And on Monday and yesterday we taught an investigator (he was role playing too, but we didn't know him so it didn't feel like he was role playing).  It was awesome.  One of the most important lessons I have learned is to teach people, not lessons.  Very good advice.  In every lesson they tell us to study and make a lesson plan but don't stick to it, just talk to the person, follow the spirit, and love them.  I have been trying my best to do that and it totally works! Lol.

I had a cold all week long, so every morning I had no voice and I would be coughing all day.  On Wed. our district hosted the new missionaries coming in.  It was the best experience so far I think.  We hosted a international missionary first.  I had a sister from China.  She spoke a little English.  About the same amount that our Japanese exchange student, Kanako, did.  I had so much fun with that.  It reminded me so much of Kanako and the others, it made me miss them. =)  Then I hosted one other sister from Pennsylvania. It was so fun.  It was fun to see how I was when I got there.  And I liked being able to reassure them that this is an awesome place.

I made a goal when I got here, and accomplished it!  I wanted to learn how to sing harmony without a piano, just a capela.  And I totally can now! I can usually pick up any note when we are singing hymns. It's fun!  I miss my piano sooooo much!!!!!  My fingers have been itching to play so much!!! I finally got a chance today to play for about 10 minutes. Not nearly enough, but more than I had.  I'm pretty sure my companion is tired of me wishing out loud that I could play the piano.  I miss my music too.  But I will get that back soon.

I am missing friends and family and facebook and movie quotes and all that.  But I am getting so much gospel knowledge and feeling the spirit so much that it makes up for all that =)  And I am making friends so fast here.  Plus I am getting my fair share of movie quotes in.  Every one keeps saying that I can quote movies off of everything.  I can't, but I like that they think that. haha!

The first couple days I was able to email you because my companion had some things she had to do on the computer so I took that time to write to you.  Wasn't supposed to, but I did.  This is the last time I will be writing to you by email at the MTC.  We have 4 computer labs in our classroom building.  I will explain a little more about how this place works.  I have a room obviously, but I don't spend much time there.  I have one class room that my district goes to every day for about 6 hours--he same teachers the whole time we are here.  The other district in our zone are in the room right next to us.  So that's kinda how it works.

I am sorta getting used to my morning schedule.  I don't like it.  But I don't complain.  I have learned to get ready in 10 minutes so I can have an extra half hour of sleep =)  I have also learned how to take a shower and dry my hair and get ready in 20 minutes! Awesome, useful skill here cuz I only get 20 minutes between gym and the next activity.  And if I take a shower at night it gives me extra sleep in the morning. Haha!

So to everyone that is wondering if I am getting bused up to Idaho... I'm not.  We are flying to Oakland California for some reason, have a 2 hour layover I think. Then we are flying to Boise.  Don't ask me why! Haha. Doesn't make sense to me.... But oh well, flying will be fun. =)  There are 16 of us all going to Nampa Idaho. It's gonna be great!

Well, that was my week.  Some of it anyway.  Lots of fun!! I love you all!!

Love Sister Radmall

P.S. Stop sending me food! haha =D  I get free food here and have WAAYYY too much candy in my room.  Me and my companions can't eat it all. haha! I'd prefer letters or something.  You can send me food when I don't get free meals ;)   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment here.