Monday, February 3, 2014

1st Week in Weiser



This week was great.  Hard, long, tiring, but great!  Got lots done.  Got lots learned.  Started talking like a redneck again ;)  Haha... just kidding. 

Monday was awesome.  Went to the ice sculptures in McCall.  So gorgeous!!! I was in photography heaven.  It was great.  Wish I had a better camera but oh well. It was so nice to see the sun! We started on one end of town and walked through stopping at all the ice sculptures.  The ice sculptures are kind of just placed through out the town in parking lots and where ever there is room so we had to walk around town to find them. The best one was the pyramid.  Super cool.  Our district is really close and we have a good time.  Too much of a good time. Haha.  We went out onto the frozen lake.  That was fun.  Gorgeous view.  I want to serve in McCall now.  I have so many pictures.  To many to email all of them so I'll just send my favorite.
Ice Sculpture in Macall

Tuesday we helped a recent convert with family history.  It was so fun to see him get excited about all the work he can do for his dad and grandpa.  He got really excited when he saw that someone had already been working on his line and really wants to figure out who it is.  That was probably the best part of the day.  We taught a girl named Ashley.  She is like 27 and is interested in the gospel.  Loves it every time we go over to teach.  But she is moving to Oklahoma to live with her boyfriend who is a less active member.  So tonight we are teaching her the law of chastity... should be fun.  We are hoping to being able to teach it in a way that she understands that she can't get baptized until she is married or not living with him, but not make it sound like she is a bad person and she should still meet with the missionaries in Oklahoma.  I'm sure it will be good.  That probably didn't make sense but oh well =)

WednesdayThursdayFriday and Saturday nothing really exciting happened.  I honestly can't think of anything that happened.  We just contacted a lot of people.  Updated people on who has moved and who hasn't.  For a small town they don't know much about a lot of people.  I am trying to connect with everyone and let everyone know that I am here to help them.  Trying to figure out how to help the wards want to do more missionary work.

Sunday I bore my testimony in both wards.  I felt like I did a pretty good job.  Hopefully made a good impression.  I decided that Sundays are the hardest because we have to act 'perfect'.  The members are always watching us to see if they would trust us with their friends and it is just super exhausting to be perfect for so long.  But it is fun to see all the members there and meet them.  

This week Sister Breen was talking about how it is hard to interpret what is thought and what is the spirit.  I told her: (before I realized what I was saying) "aren't they the same thing?  If we are living righteously anyway.  If we are doing what God wants us to then our thoughts go along with his thoughts, so our thoughts are the spirit."  Isn't that so true?  I am always trying to figure out if I am just thinking something or if the spirit is prompting me.  But if we are living righteously then it is all the same. =)

I hope you are all doing well!! I miss you!  Have a fantabulous week!

Love, Sister Radmall


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment here.