Monday, January 6, 2014

2014!


I cant believe it's 2014. Weird!
I've been out 12 weeks now.  I really can't believe that either! I've been told that the first 3 months goes by the slowest.  Then it flies by.... I'm in trouble then because the first 3 months have already flown by!  So the rest of my mission is going to... idk, turbo by?  Haha

 This past week has been pretty good. All week we were really anxious for the transfer calls.  And by the way, I'm staying! =) Sister Bowler and I will still be in the Nampa East stake in the 34th 30th and 9th wards!  So we still have all our investigators, all our ward mission leaders, and our car ;) We are training a new sister who is coming tomorrow.  So there will be three of us again.  I've been praying for her because I know how scary it is to go from the MTC to the mission.  I remember feeling rushed and thrown into something I didn't know how to do (still don't know how to do).  Hopefully she likes listening to music all the time (cuz me and sister Bowler do) and having nerf gun wars.  Haha.

For New Years Eve we went to Bishop Minor's house.  He is the one you met when I was face timing you.  He is super funny.  Loves to throw parties.  There was only one other family there because he planned last minute, but it was still fun.  We talked for a long time about missions and different experiences.  Someone there had gone to the Philippines so he told his stories.  It was fun.  We went to bed at the same time. 10:30.  But the world started exploding at midnight and woke me up!  There were fireworks everywhere.  So I got to hear the fireworks, didn't want to get out of bed to watch them.  Sister Bowler slept through them because she had taken muscle relaxer.  
Our district left to right top row: Elder Davis, Rodgers, Rahman, Streeter, Sis Bowler, me... bottom row: Elder Brimhall, Jones.
New Years Day was district meeting.  Our last one with everyone because of transfers.  So we took some pictures.  My district is crazy =)  My district is going from 2 sisters and 4 elders to 5 elders and 7 sisters!!!  Crazy huh? =)  Our district lunches are going to be crowded!  Hopefully we will still go to lunch every week.  I can't imagine why we wouldn't though.  One of our wards got a new relief society president.  So we went to her house to let her know that if she ever needed anything that she could ask us.  She is going to be great!  Hopefully we can help her with some of the sisters in the ward.

We have gotten to do a pretty good amount of teaching this week.  We still had a bunch of appointments cancel because the flu bug and the cold are making their way around everywhere.  It was kind of a weird week.  We felt productive with what we did, but we were having a hard time finding things to do, and at the end of the week when we calculated our numbers we didn't have a lot.  So it was just weird.  But I know we did productive stuff =)  I'm pretty much just rambling now.  Haha.

Brother and Sister Stokes took us to Applebees.  It was yummy. And fun =)  We saw them almost every day this week.  It was great.

All our ward mission leaders were really happy that we are staying.  We went over to Sayre's to tell them but they weren't home. So while we waited there on the couch and texted them to see if they were on their way home I found an etch-a-sketch.  Everyone was pretty impressed with it.  But it seriously took like 5 minutes.  Haha.  I even put my initial on it.  When we came back later we acted all sad and told them we needed a picture with them.  We acted like we were leaving and sister Sayre was so close to crying. haha.  I'm pretty sure Brother Sayre would have cried if we acted it out a little longer.  It was great.  Then Brother Sayre did the whole suspense thing when he told everyone in ward coucil... and he got up to bare his testimony and acted like we were leaving.  He is crazy.  A 50 year old that acts like a 15 year old.  We really have too much fun with them =)

Sorry this was probably kind of a boring letter.  Not much happened other then transfers. I am trying to think of something profound but I honestly can't right now.... I had something yesterday but I forgot.

How about this thought that I have been telling people this week..... If you want to speak to God, Pray.  If you want God to speak to you, read the scriptures..... don't remember who said that or where it came from.  Oh well =)

I hope everyone has had a great start to the new year!  My new years resolution is to be better at making and keeping goals.  Because goals are what make us grow.  So that is what I am working on =)

Love, Sister Radmall

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment here.