Thursday, February 26, 2015

Best Week EVER!

We seriously had the best week ever.  It was so spiritual it was exhausting.  Haven't been that spiritually exhausted since the MTC.



Tuesday we went on exchanges.  I was with Sister Nugiera.  She is super nice.  We helped the Jacksons with their yard.  Raked up old leaves that were plastered to the dirt.  haha.  Later we had an awesome lesson with Scott.  He is so in tune with the spirit.  So trusting in God.  We talked about the Gospel of Jesus Christ.  Had some really awesome discussion.  

Wednesday we were booked.  We went to Kay's house because she is an expert sewer, and Sister Clegg's bag was all torn apart.  So they fixed her bag, and I got to sit and look through some books that had gorgeous landscape pictures.  Then we had lunch with them and had a great discussion about church, and dogs and cats.  haha =)  We went over to Mike and Jerry's to go over the details of their baptism.  Jerry was so super excited.  Mike was still a little nervous. But willing.  They are awesome.

Thursday we went over to Sherri's and helped her clean out her car port.  It looks so awesome now.  We went over details for the baptism with her too.  She was more excited than Jerry.  She couldn't wait!  haha.  We had our open house Thursday night.  It went well. They played a short video about who mormons are then had someone talk for a couple minutes, then we had cookies.  It was mostly members there, but there were a couple less actives which was awesome!

Friday was zone conference.  My last one..... I gave my TRUNK-A-MONY!!!  which means that I gave my last testimony in front of missionaries.  It was really weird.  Never though that would happen to me.  It was really good though.  I sang a solo.  'His Hands'  It went really well I thought.  I felt the spirit testify of Christ through me.  It felt really good.  It's amazing how much the spirit can speak through music.  One of the reasons why I love music so much.  It was a fantastic zone conference.  All of my questions I went there with got answered.

Saturday was a rough start.  I wasn't feeling very good.  So so tired.  I was having a really hard time staying awake while we were driving and seeing people.  Just shows me that the trials and hard times come before the awesome times.  Because later was seriously the best day of my life.  In the morning we did some service for Sherri again.  We cleaned our her basement a little bit.  Then we felt like we should go to the Astles but we ended up stopping at the Tophams.  They were going to host a party for all the baptism guests after the baptism that day.  We asked if we could help but she declined and offered some lunch.  So we ate lunch then just started helping her.  She really did need some help.  And she was very grateful for it.  WE helped her dust and cook and make her house look good.  She couldn't have done it by herself and was very grateful for the help.  We were led there by the spirit.  God knew she needed help, and we were available. 

The baptisms!  We got to the stake center and of course started running around to get everything put together and ready.  It all went pretty smoothly.  They all showed up on time, and it was just perfect.  Jerry was first.  He was beaming!  I've never seen so much light coming from someone.  He was grinning from ear to ear the whole time it seemed.  Mike was next.  Still nervous, but more confident.  He was also beaming.  And he seemed to walk faster than normal.  I think God was taking away some of his pain so that he could be baptized.  Sherri was practically bouncing out of her seat.  It was great.  She couldn't stop smiling either.  The spirit was so strong there.  It made me realize that baptism is truly so so important to our eternal progression.  The spirit was there testified to everyone that what these three people were doing was right, and that they would have tons of help in getting through life because of it.  We played some mormon messages while they were getting dressed.  That really set the mood even more.  There were really good messages.  I gave a talk on the Holy Ghost.  I really don't remember anything I said.  It was all the Spirit guiding my words. The only thing I remember is the feeling I had while I was talking, and the fact that I felt like I should read my holes poem.  I am having a really hard time finding words to describe the whole thing.  It was just awesome.  Incredible is probably a better word.  Thank you for praying for Mike Jerry and Sherri.  I'm so glad I was able to be a part in their baptisms.  I got to see them take a huge step towards Jesus Christ.  I love being a missionary.  I wish these awesome things happened months ago.  It's getting hard to want to leave, so much good is going on. haha =)



Sunday they all got confirmed.  They received the Gift of the Holy Ghost.  All three were still beaming.  I felt so much love for them.  =)  Later we had an awesome lesson with the Treats.  We had Hank make goals to stop smoking.  He isn't going to smoke before 10AM.  So along with his goal, we all made goals to stop a habit.  Everyone except me made the goal to not eat after 6pm. My goal: Wait... first, sit down.  Now hold your jaw so it doesn't hit the table.... I'm giving up chocolate until the end of my mission.  Haha! It was NOT my idea.  It was the spirit.  I kept having an internal battle.  This is about how it went:
Spirit, "You need to give up Chocolate for Hank."
Me, "What?? no! How about popping my fingers."
Spirit, "nope. Chocolate."
Me, "not eating after 6?"
Spirit: "Chocolate"
Me(desperately), anything else"
Spirit, "comm'on you can do it... chocolate."
Me, "Fine! I'll do Chocolate."
So today we are dropping off all my chocolate to the treats.  This will be good for me.  But it's gonna be hard.  I love chocolate.  For those of you that know me well, that is an understatement. =P  But I figure, It's going to be really hard for hank to give up his cigar.  He has had it for years.  But I know he can do it if he wants to.  So I'm going to show him that we can do it together.  I'll let you know how it all goes.

That was my crazy spiritual awesome week!
Hope you all had a great week as well!
Love you all
Listen to the Spirit, he will tell you all things that you need to know!
Love,
Sister Radmall   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment here.