Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Busy in the Service of the Lord

I have never been so tired in my life!!  It's been a great week.  But a crazy one.  And every week this transfer is just going to get crazier!

Started with Monday, obviously... usually does.  Had a crazy time making Christmas cards and going to the church to say hi to other missionaries.  Then we went to the Hortons.  We read a little bit with the girls.  Then we had a really good conversation with their mom, Debbie.  Debbie is dying of cancer.  Hoping to make it to Christmas.  We talked to her about how to have more faith.  And that there is life after death.  She already knows that, but we gave her Alma 34 to read.  Which talks about both faith and the plan of salvation.  So hopefully she read it and liked it.

Tuesday we taught our investigator, Sherry.  She had a baptismal date for January and we are hoping she keeps it.  We had an awesome lesson about the plan of salvation and helped her answer some of her questions.  She is headed up to Alaska this week. 

Wednesday was Christmas conference!  This is the first conference in 9 months that I haven't had to spend the night in the mission home because we live so far away.  haha.  Now we are only 45 minutes from Nampa.  I had an awesome time at conference.  The spirit was so strong!! 
 Sister Cannon did a Living Christ for the program.  It wasn't exactly like the one's I've done.  But she modeled it after those.  It was pretty cool.  There were a lot of musical numbers.  I played a piano solo, "Silent night/Still Still Still" by Sally Deford.  Then I accompanied Sister Lyman to "Gesu Bambino" (Amazing voice she has) then last minute I was asked to accompany a group of 5 with Away in a Manger.  I got my fair share of playing piano that day.  haha.  It was fun.  I'm so grateful for the talent I have for playing the piano.  It's been so useful on my mission.  Thanks mom for making me practice! =)  

When we got home we went to mutual.  They were caroling  so we joined them!  Our investigator, Mike, was driving the horses that were pulling the sleigh.  It was great fun!  And we got to talk to Mike a bunch.

Thursday we went to Ontario for a stake correlation meeting, then I got to go with Sister Breen for the day!  We had a great time talking about the fun times we had in Weiser.  I can't believe that was almost a year ago!  Time goes by so fast when you look back... and so slow when you look forward.  Wish I could just always look to the present to time would go moderate. haha =)

Friday we did weekly planning then went to dinner.  It was an awesome dinner!  We went to a part member families and it didn't seem like he was interested in us.  But then we invited him to watch He is the Gift with us and he really enjoyed it.  Then we started talking about what missions are like and how we go on missions and such.  It was a great conversation!  We had another great conversation with some non-members.  They were so nice, and we talked a lot about Christ and how he is the meaning of Christmas.  They were super excited to watch the He is the Gift video as well.

Saturday we went out to lunch with a member.  All the way out to Sand Hollow.  I got a crazy sandwich.  It was good though.  It had ham and turkey and cheese between french toast with powdered sugar on top.  Yum!  Not that you cared to know, I just thought it was a crazy sandwich.  haha!  

Sunday after church we went to some peoples houses.  I was super bold on Sunday.  I don't know why.  Actually, I do know why.... it's because the people we saw needed to hear what I said and the spirit told me to say what I said.  It was very cool.  We went to two part member families.  In both families the wife isn't a member.  So we went to ask if either of them wanted to get baptized.  Neither did, but we said some things that will make them think.  It was awesome to feel Heavenly Father working through me!

And that brings us back to Monday.  We are just going to relax and clean today.  We need it.  I hope next week is crazy too!  Makes for a better week! =)

I hope you all have a Merry Christmas! And I hope that you all remember Christ throughout the season.  He really is my best friend.  He is my brother.  He is my Savior.  He is my healer.  He is the ear I turn to.  He is my comforter.  The list could go on.  He is kind, loving, patient, forgiving, a friend, perfect, strong, courageous, fabulous, generous, amazing!  I love him, and he loves me! =)  I'm so glad I've had this 14 months to get to know him by serving others.  I've been so blessed to have this opportunity!
MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!! 
Love you!
Sister Radmall


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment here.