Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Happy Birthday, Sister Bailey!

So this week was great!  It was a little crazy, but at the same time not really productive.  Hate weeks like that.  They can't make up their mind.  haha.  
The week started out kinda rainy and cold, but they got warm and sunny.  So even the weather couldn't make up it's mind.
I honestly don't have a ton of stories for the week.  So sorry if this is kinda short.  Monday we played a really fun game of cut throat basketball with the elders.  It's great playing b-ball with the elders because they can't block me.  So if I have the ball I pretty much get a free layup cuz they all back off;) It's great.  Makes me feel like I'm a good basketball player.  haha!!!

Tuesday we went to a mutual activity.  We actually were at the church practicing our musical number (that I composed;)) and waiting for Clara, our marshalese investigator.  But then she canceled.  So we stayed and got to know the youth a little better.  It was fun.  We played some get to know you games.  Like the game where you have a name of someone on your back and you have to ask yes and no questions to figure out who it is.  I didn't know mine.  So that was hard.  Then we played kinda like musical chairs.  But someone stands in the middle and says... everyone with long hair... then everyone with long hair stands up and runs to find a seat. Don't know what that game is called.  Then we made some s'mores.  Good times =)  I love the youth!

Wednesday we finally got to go to Elgin again.  Hadn't been there for at least 2 weeks.  And we may not have the miles to go out there again.  =P  Nothing really happened there that stands out right now, sorry.  Just that fact that we finally got to go is exciting =)

Thursday was a little odd... we got a random call from someone in Portland and asked if he could take us out to lunch.  So we went to the pizza buffet and he talked about his friends and how he wanted us to go over and see them.  So that was kinda cool.  Later that night we went to a relief society dinner.  A non-member came and spoke about how to re-invent clothes.  It was great.  She buys clothes that are out dated, and super cheap at the thrift store.  Cuts some, sews some, and she has something adorable, modern, and fits her perfectly.  It was awesome.  I want to try to do that.  She took a leather coat and made it into a purse.  It was brilliant.  

Friday we went to the chiropractor (my first time) because he does missionaries for free and Sister Bailey needed to be adjusted.  So he did me too.  That was weird.  haha.  There's a first for everything.  Friday I did a lot of firsts.  After that I wasn't feeling good at all.  So we stayed in the rest of the day =P

Saturday I was feeling better.  Luckily!  Because it was Sister Bailey's birthday! =)  The elders and I had fun with that.  The elders had me unlock our car the night before.  Then they put balloons and confetti in the car (I didn't know about the confetti or I may not have complied.  haha)  So in the morning we had a really messy car.  haha.  It was fun though!  She loved it =)  Then I planned another trick with the elders.  I cleverly positioned myself on our couch with the camera to catch the whole thing =)  The elders knocked on the door.  Sis Bailey answered... then got sprayed with silly string.  It was so funny.  I think the elders had way too much fun at the dollar store.  It was a pretty exciting day =)  We went to KFC for lunch, got a iced hot cocoa, and made a cake.  Tons of gross unhealthy stuff. haha.  For dinner we went to the Chandlers... we always seems to have dinner with them on someone's birthday.  Then we had a lesson at there house that went really well.  Vern wants to get baptized, but has some legal things he has to take care of.  So he committed him to make goals to get it all done, and put dates to those goals.  Including the goal of baptism.  So we will see what he says this Saturday =)

Sunday I wasn't feeling well again, but good enough to go to church.  It was a long day at church.  But I always love seeing all the awesome members in our wards.  I love them =)  That was honestly our week.  Like I said... not too exciting.  Had a lot of lessons canceled lessons.  But all in all it was good week.

Hope everyone is doing well!  Something I liked yesterday is this... We are not called to be successful.  We are called to be faithful.  That applies to anything.  As long as you are doing your best... you are doing what the Lord asks of you =)  Remember that!
Love you all!
~Sister Radmall


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment here.