Monday, November 24, 2014

Flag Football, Exchanges, and Musical Notes

Hey!
So this week we were gone a lot.  Another one of those crazy weeks =)

Monday we went to Baker and played flag football with the zone.  It was so fun!  I loved it.  Made two touch downs ;) 


 Then we had dinner and a preach my gospel family night lesson with our ward mission leader and his family, the Glabes.  It was great!

Tuesday had lunch with Cleo and she invited Amity.  Such a sweet lady.  Loves her missionaries.  And now she loves Amity too.  Then we went to the blood drive.  Thought it would be quick thing... so much for that.  Sister Bailey couldn't donate because she had a ct scan that morning and her blood was died.  They took forever in the booth because my one finger didn't have enough iron in it, so they pricked the other.  Finally got me in the chair and I almost passed out.  Guess I didn't eat enough meat that day.  Whoops.  haha =)  So that didn't really go as planned.  We then went to dinner, then in splits with our new ward missionary, Rande.

Wednesday was Elgin as always.  We did weekly planning because we thought we would be on exchanges on Thursday .  Then we went and visited some people, had dinner, then met with the ward mission leader.  Not very eventful.

Thursday we had exchanges planned... but it had snowed and there was a sheet of ice everywhere.  4 accidents on the free way.  So we canceled those and helped Sister Meyer at her thrift store, "Barkin' Basement".  Then we drove to Weiser because it got warmer and the roads cleared.  We didn't want to drive in the ice the next morning at 5 am to get to zone conference.  Practiced our songs in Weiser and had a sleep over with the sisters.

Friday was zone conference.  It was so great!  Loved it!  I was going to share some of my notes with you but I left them in our apartment :P  Next week!  Sorry.  It was really good though.  We read the whole Book of Mormon in 40 minutes!  Beat that.  haha.  They cut up a paperback book and gave each missionary about 10 pages for them to read individually.  So as a group we read the whole thing in 40 minutes.  That was pretty trikcy =)  Had a yummy thanksgiving feast.  And it was just fun to see other missionaries!  Then we decided to do exchanges after the meeting.  I came back to La Grande with Sister Keyser (who served here last year so she was super excited to come back).
 
 It decided to snow really hard while we were in the last canyon.  That was pretty scary.  But we made it back safe.  (Thanks family for living in a place that has snow on the roads all winter.  It's really helped on my mission.  haha  It's crazy how many people come from places that don't have snow.)

Saturday we had another awesome scripture study with Katie and Kaydon.  Kaydon, again, was really annoyed at having to come down and read.  But without fail, he got into it and was much happier when we finished.  The scriptures really change attitude.  It's pretty cool!  We visited a couple other people.  Then exchanged back and went to the Chili feed.... We were the entertainment.  haha =)  Sister Bailey sang a version of Savior Redeemer of my Soul and I made up and arranged.  Then I played waterfall (still know it!), then they asked for us to sing the one we sang last Sunday.  It was pretty cool =)  I discovered a new talent!  I found out I can take a hymn and arrange it.  I'm still mastering writing it down.  But I'm working on it.

Sunday we spoke and did the musical number in Elgin.  Great fun.  Then we went to choir practice, then more church, then dinner.  Best dinner ever!  Individual made pizzas =)  It was fun.  Then we went and saw a less active, Karen.  We watched her make some candy and talked about moving on.  Sister Bailey has been worried she won't adjust well.  But Karen was a great comfort to her last night with her great encouragement and advice.  It was really good for all three of us to have that chat I think.

So that was my crazy week.  Super fun.  I can't believe Sister Bailey is going home in 2 weeks! I'm going to miss her :P

So I have a talk suggestion that everyone should read =)
"Believing Christ: A Practical Approach to the Atonement" by Stephen E. Robinson
It is a fantastic talk. =)
How is everyone's book of mormon reading coming?  I'm in Alma and quickly reading;)

Love you all!
~Sister Radmall 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment here.